All IoT Kits firmware is hosted on GitHub. Download the entire package and then use the particular sketch appropriate for your kit. There are detailed instructions for downloading and choosing the firmware on the GitHub page.
GitHub Link for all IoT Kits: https://github.com/W4KRL/IoT-Kits-Firmware
- Click on the green “Clone or download” button in the upper left corner of the page.
- This opens a dialog box. Choose “Download ZIP“. This will download “IoT-Kits-Firmware-master.zip” to the download folder on your computer.
- Open the zip file and extract the contents to your download folder.
- Change the name of the folder to “IoT-Kits“.
- Copy the folder to your Arduino folder. If you need to find your sketchbook folder, open the Arduino IDE and use menu File | Preferences. The first line tells you where the sketchbook resides on your computer.
Now when you open menu File | Sketchbook in the IDE IoT-Kits will appear in the list of sketches. You can choose the specific sketch of interest from there.
There are two versions of the weather station firmware depending on whether you are a licensed radio amateur (ham) or not. The ThingSpeak IoT only sketch is D1M-WX1-IoT-REST and the amateur radio/ThingSpeak sketch is D1M-WX1-APRS-REST.
For All Users
Use D1M-WX1-IoT-REST to send your weather information only to a ThingSpeak account. This is for unlicensed users and for license holders who do not want to use the APRS features. See instructions for opening a free ThingSpeak account.
For Licensed Amateur Radio Operators Only
D1M-WX1-APRS-REST sends your weather information to your ThingSpeak account and to APRS-IS. You must obtain an APRS passcode and determine the latitude and longitude in decimal format for your geographic location. Instructions to do this are in the APRS_config.h file included in the download.