The Northern Virginia Section of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) conducts Hands-On Technical Workshops to build an Internet of Things Weather Station. The course is held as a one-day session and the attendees get to keep the weather station including the solderless breadboard, WiFi-enabled microcontroller unit, power supply, and sensors.
In each course the attendees:
- Learn what is meant by “The Internet of Things”.
- Experience breadboard prototyping techniques – no soldering needed.
- Program the ESP8266 System on Chip (SoC) using Arduino sketches.
- Interface environmental sensors using the I2C bus.
- Create an account on and upload data to a free IoT service.
- View their data graphs on a standard web browser.
Each course used different hardware and software. Click on the date below to get the appropriate course materials.
|June 2016 Course Materials||October 2016 Course Materials|