ThingSpeak is a free Internet of Things service that stores and displays data received from your weather station. ThingSpeak integrates support for MATLAB software from MathWorks, allowing you to analyze and visualize your station’s data using MATLAB without requiring the purchase of a MATLAB license.
Steps to open an account
- Open thingspeak.com in your browser.
- Click “Sign Up” and follow the instructions on the ThingSpeak website to set up MATLAB and ThingSpeak accounts.
- Sign in to you account and click Create Channel.
- Choose a channel name and description.
- Enter field definitions as shown in the table below and check the box beside each field to make it active.
- Check Public to make it easy to access during setup and testing. It will be available to everyone but you can change it to Private later.
- Set Elevation to your station elevation in meters. You can obtain your elevation and location for steps 9 & 10 at https://www.freemaptools.com/elevation-finder.htm
- Check Show Location.
- Set Latitude to your latitude in decimal degrees. Positive for north.
- Set Longitude to your longitude in decimal degrees. Negative for west.
- Check Show Status.
- Click on Save Channel.
- Click on the API Keys tab and record your API Keys and ChanneID.
ThingSpeak Field Definitions
|Field 1||Temperature °C|
|Field 3||Time Awake|
|Field 4||Sea Level Pressure|
|Field 5||Light Intensity|
|Field 6||Cell Voltage|
|Field 8||Temperature °F|